About Shrine/Pastoral Ministry:
Parish ministry (pastoral care) is one of the fundamental apostolic works of the Augustinian Order. From an Augustinian point of view, (and) among the several apostolic activities of the Order, this communal and collaborative work also provides an enormous venue whereby the life of the Order is experienced and lived by an Augustinian. It is in this context that Augustinians also share the mission of Christ as participants and witnesses to the building up of God’s kingdom. Thus, the basis and the spirit of this endeavor start and end with Christ. Consequently, this particular apostolic activity can be viewed as evangelization in actuality, and should also be considered an important “means of sanctification” (Const. 145).
Since its canonical erection in December 1983, the Augustinian Province of Santo Nino de Cebu, has been actively collaborating with the local churches in the Philippines and other international circumscriptions of the Order. In the Philippines, the Province is involved in parish ministry to nine local parishes, one chapel and one shrine from different archdioceses/dioceses, of the nine parishes, only three are to be perpetually administered by the Province, namely: Santo Niño Mohon Parish, Mohon, Talisay City, Cebu; Santo Niño de Cebu Parish, Biñan City, Laguna; San Jose Parish, lloilo City; and, the rest are all under contract with the local Ordinaries. Given this fact, the Province commits itself to serve the parishes without discrimination. All parishes which the Province manages are given favourable reception. This is proven through the Province’s acceptance of new parishes and about to request renewal of contract from the Archdiocese of Manila on behalf of the Nuestra Señora de Gracia Parish in Makati City.
1. Nuestra Señora de Gracia Parish, Makati City (1601)
2. San Jose Parish Church, Iloilo City (1868)
3. Sto. Niño de Cebu Parish, Biñan City, Laguna (1984)
4. Sto. Niño de Cebu-Mohon Parish, Talisay City, Cebu (1985)
5. Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish, San Pedro, Laguna (1986)
6. Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish, Socorro, Surigao del Norte (2004)
7. Saint Augustine Parish, Gubat Sorsogon (2006)
8. Sta. Ana Parish, Burgos, Siargao Island, Surigao del Norte (2012)
9. St. Augustine of Hippo Parish, Saguday, Quirino (2012)
10. San Agustin Chapel, Jaro, Iloilo City (2012)